Jolly Designs : Cupcake
An 8 page fabric based, handmade, 100% sewn quiet book with a wonderful spread of activities that are designed around nesting dolls, color spin dial, fruits and vegetables, shapes and trucks, flowers and numbers and a jig-saw puzzle!
Through this quiet book, the child can be introduced to :
3) sorting and matching
3) counting and number recognition
4) fine motor activities
5) logic and sequencing
Nesting Dolls of three sizes and different clasps
Nesting dolls are always popular – with both boys and girls. The idea is that while they have fun playing peek-a-boo, they also benefit from fine motor-coordination, sense of order and size and concentration.
You can also help the child break the process into simple steps and follow a technique used in Montessori training programs known as the pink tower presentation. “Can you show me the smallest doll”, “Can you show me the top part of the biggest doll”and so on.
While they learn order and size, the child will also be working on his/her fine motor skills by learning to snap the button, velcro and unvelcro and so on.
If you want to take a step further, you can also introduce the Russian matryoshka nesting dolls as part of a cultural study of Russia.
Color Spin Dial
1) Start with turning the dial to match colors
2) Button/ Unbutton the smaller circle – fine motor activity
3) learn the color of fruits and vegetables and match
Fruits and Vegetables Sorting
Two ways to sort them:
1) Into Fruits and Vegetables
2) Based on where they grow – on the tree, on the ground and underground
1) Snap button the wheels of the truck for fine motor practice
2) Find shapes inside the truck – Four Basic Geometric Shapes
3) Concept of Inside and Outside – Can you put the shape inside the truck? Is the shape inside the truck or outside the truck and so on..
Petals of the flower
1) Make a flower
2) Sequence it from 1-10
3) Counting from 1-10
4) Number recognition
Jig Saw Puzzle
For some puzzle fun. The puzzle pieces are large and easy to hold, colorful and simple making it an achievable task for the child, yet challenging.
At the end of the book is a zipper pocket – a place for everything so there arent loose pieces to keep track of when putting them away.
Me All Day is designed, built, landscaped and sewn by passionate hands. All the parts of this book are handmade. At the end of the book is a zipper pocket – a place for everything so there aren’t loose pieces to keep track of when putting them away.
100% sewn and EN71 certified